Tuesday, 28 September 2010

Bug squashing again...

Coding in XCode is a real pain in the butt sometimes, unlike C++ IDE's like DevC++ or VC++ XCode doesnt report errors in the usual way and outputs loads of errors and anomalies to the console. This can be a pain in the butt when you have to keep clicking to bring the console up and it would be nice to come up with errors and anomalies in the IDE.

As it happens there seems to be a incompatibility error which I have to locate and sort out, once I have fixed this I will move onto to other areas of the game.

EDIT: Stranger things have happened, the bug isnt with Tombstone or our game BUT with iOS 4.1 SDK the error 'open$UNIX2003 called from function _ZN4llvm12MemoryBuffer7getFileEPKcPSsx in image libLLVMContainer.dylib' does come from the SDK's OpenGL ES system its only present in the simulator tho. These errors sometimes cause a SIGTERM error 15 as well which is a pain and can make it look like there is a problem with your app which could lead to years of bug hunting.

EDIT2: I have started to add the Apple Game Center system to the game engine now, the engine can now detect if the Game Center is supported so we dont call the functions and waste valuable cycles when they are not supported by the system.

More soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogdigger