The reason for all this is simple, when writing a game engine not everything boils down to speed a big thing is also the memory footprint of the engine not every platform is a 4Ghz, 4Gb ram monster. As an example the iPod 1st and 2nd generation is 400Mhz and 128Mb ram with limited space, of that each app gets a maximum of 24Mb (normally around 7Mb) so as you can see writing a cross platform engine is a tough task but one that I have stepped up to the plate for :)
Tombstone will hopefully be a thing of beauty and it will be 100% cross platform when its finished.
I was going to return to arrays BUT after looking into iMinib3d ( another amazing free 3d system for the iPhone SDK) I have worked out where the slowdown was in my code and I can rectify it now so it works like it should.
I was going to return to arrays BUT after looking into iMinib3d ( another amazing free 3d system for the iPhone SDK) I have worked out where the slowdown was in my code and I can rectify it now so it works like it should.

No comments:
Post a Comment