Monday, 7 December 2009

Fixed it

Well after much searching I located a small annoying bug I had in the game, basically I had a case problem the image was called 'Options' and I had 'options' in the code. Mac OSX, Linux and iPhone are all case sensitive so 'options', 'Options' and 'OPTIONS' are three seperate things (Windows does have this problem they would all be one file). I have fixed this problem now and all appears to work perfectly.

Now onto sorting out the skyrocketing memory requirements of the game, I have an idea as to why this is happening time will tell if I have hit the nail on the head so to speak.

On the book front, my artist friend (a good friend in fact) has sent me a book called 'iPhone Game Development' by Oreilly (ISBN:978-0-596-15985-6). I cant recommend this book enough if you want to get into iPhone programming it has loads of insightful information and easy to read layouts. There are also downloadable sections for some of the chapters, it has everything from creating a 2d framework for your games to making a 3d game using the same framework. I am currently working through iSmashem and reading and practicing all the examples contained in the book.

More soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogdigger