Tuesday, 6 July 2010

A day full of work...

...ends.I am pretty happy with the result, although I must say that I could have saved one, two hours but keeping my initial idea.But then, I would not have found out that it was a good one.It can be frustrating and assuring at the same time :)
I have to say what I am currently producing looks pretty sharp on the i-device.
Pixel art rocks.I am mostly working now in a combination of GrafX 2, ProMotion and Photoshop.Tried to render some pixel art with LightWave today, too, the result was so-so (the main advantage beeing that I just push around procedurals and get out different tiles rather quickly).Gonna keep doing it manually, its just more fun for 32x32 tiles.Me beeing old school again.Missing Deluxe Paint :(
I would be interested to know if our readers like pixel art, and maybe what their favourite old school pixel art games are.I still love the great Amiga games like "Lionheart" and "Turrican", I adore Henk's work on "Flink".I love the art of "Eye of the Beholder".And of course, anything "Bitmap Brothers", especially "Chaos Engine", "Gods" and "Speedball 2 Brutal Deluxe". Man, Dan Malone just had it.But Rico Holmes of Team 17, too, "Alien Breed 92"....ahhhh, the memories.Wrote my first fan letter back then, that game was CRAZY.

Ed: the artwork I have seen for this project is amazing stuff :). Cant wait to put fingers to keyboard and get this game out there for all to see we have loads of ideas for the game and they will be refined and adjusted till its complete. We have loads of projects on the go at the same time and over the coming year these will be released for you all to see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogdigger