Thursday, 5 August 2010

Frame Buffer Objects...

Well I have been playing with Frame Buffer Objects (FBO's) at the moment the system creates them and deletes them (not 100% tested but its getting there ;) ) once this is complete the fun can really begin if all goes Tombstone will be the best retro engine around (well for me anyway ;) ).

EDIT: Well the code runs fine now, had some errors to 'rectify' these have been totally squashed. Now I will do some more tests and see what happens :). If all goes well I should be able to do anything to a texture imaginable, drawing, pasting, and colouring :).

If this works we should be able to do anything we want to any image that we load in as a texture and then use it in game, textures in Tombstone can be used on meshes and pasted as images too the whole thing is module based so I can change anything and upgrade stuff as new things get released.

EDIT2: Well things are a little more tricky than at first thought, I have got LOADS of information on FBO's so I will read through it all and then create the relevant system to allow for it all to happen seamlessly :). If all goes well then I should be able to do colour cycling in the engine and stuff like that which is the idea or the whole thing :)

More soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogdigger